Tuesday, 7 April 2009

My great escape & tax payers' money on tap for MPs

My first day of freedom from the rat race…. I felt guilty for not being at work but leisurely reading a book titled Think & Grow Rich and wondering whether my fellow tube passengers thinking that I am skiving off work…if so there is quite a lot of us out and about at 2 pm!!! Well, it is a lovely sunny day…why not they enjoy it whilst they can. Even the hair dressers are busy today…could hair dressing be recession proof? I tend not to make a hair appointment but to show up since I do not like going to the hair dressers as they tend to moan about the volume and thickness of my hair. Thus, I ended up walking around looking for a hair salon that had a free slot for a cut and blow dry. The poor hairdresser ended up with a dead arm in blow drying my hair to avoid it from fizzy uncontrollably. Of course, he moaned and moaned….it may be a guilt trick to get me to tip him more since he spent so much time on my hair…well it worked!!! At least I made someone happy;)

I got a freebie in return….received a Green & Blacks Easter egg with my Evening Standard newspaper. I wish I had not read the newspaper...it got me extremely peeved....There is an article on the UK politicians being extremely liberal with our hard earned tax payers' money (GBP1.4m) on their fact-finding overseas visits (more like jollies to me) and luxurious 5 stars hotel plus spending money without them having to provide receipts of their spends nor requiring to return the unspent amount back to the coffer….what is this UK Government turning into?….It is definitely recession proof to be a UK politician….maybe I should apply as a MP since I am very good at spending money and want to develop my property portfolio and also I enjoy overseas travels. I should seriously take my good friend’s advice to sign on the dole (but I am ashame to sponge of the State...as I had been brought up to work for a living) to get some of my hard earned money back whilst I can.

I am still awaiting for business ideas with low start-up costs that I can afford to fail (taking a friend’s advice to take baby steps to gain experience and to learn from mistakes). My initial business idea is not doable right now since it has a high start-up cost and it will also take me some time to find the right location for its high street presence....also to wait for the retail rental to drop. My final rant for today....why are the local councils rising/rised their business rates whilst businesses are suffering already from the recession? It does not make sense....do they want more people to be on the dole to break the record of highest number of people unemployed (currently standing at 3.2 millions plus 1 if I sign on). It is time for change....watch out Mr. Brown...we, the voters, are NOT happy!!!

Your thoughts and suggestions of low start-up cost business ideas are very welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dragonfly,

    Intresting post.

    Thank you for commenting our blog:

    http://www.thrillingtreats.blogspot.com

    Hope you try out the dishes and give us a feedback too:)

    ReplyDelete