Monday, 6 April 2009

Ex-bank worker's Last day at work ending in flames

After 3 months of uncertainty on who is to stay or who is to go (i.e. fired). At last, it is my final day at work and tomorrow I will be joining the millions of people who had lost their jobs due to the credit crunch debacle and some dishonest/greedy fellas. Not surprisingly after a lengthy consultation period that I am not afraid to use this opportunity to see whether I could survive outside the corporate world and make it on my own. It seems that being an entrepreneur is very fashionable these days with popular TV shows, Dragon’s Den and Apprentice. So I will give it a try and find out what is all the fuss is about!

I sheepishly left after my leaving presentation (before 5 pm) but managed to time it badly to coincide with a fire evacuation so had to walk down 8 flights of stairs dragging my heavy leaving gifts (printer/scanner/copier combo and books). My first thought, it was a fire drill but it turned out to be an actual fire as the ground floor was smoky. What a way to go! Strangely, on 18th March a building next to the lawyers’ office in Holborn went up in flames when the solicitor was in the middle of walking me through the legal clauses of the redundancy agreement. For those of you who are superstitious….yes it may be a sign… saying that I am fired!!!

Please let me know if you enjoyed my first blog. My next installment is coming soon….

No comments:

Post a Comment